Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sorry and Glad It's Only Wednesday

I was putting my contacts in this morning, and while the right one gave me no trouble, the left dropped off my fingertip and vanished from the face of the earth. it was quite baffling. I eventually put in another one (they're monthly disposables, so I have plenty on hand) and found it, where it had flown to land on the face of the faucet. Crazy. I can be short-tempered, but this didn't even make me mad, just baffled. But ... but ... where'd it go? I'm glad I did find it; it would have nagged at me, otherwise.

My commute, on the other hand, did make me mad. I don't know if it was the full moon, but I was behind some extra-stupid drivers this morning. I don't think it was even just perception. One slowed and turned without signaling even at the last minute (a trick some use that irritates me mightily), and another stopped at a bend in the road, even though our direction had the right of way (no stop sign, no yield, not even a caution) and there was no one coming from the side street. A third clearly did not know where he wanted to go, and did the slow--stop--pull over trick right at a big curve on a narrow street. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, that one!

It wasn't any better tonight, either. Do you think there's anything to the full moon explanation? I know I've heard that ER doctors swear by it, and the guy at the auto place last night was talking about how even they'd been seeing crazy behavior this week. Funny, isn't it?

I got gas on the way home, I've done two loads of laundry and made and ate dinner and washed dishes, and the dishwasher is running. The books I have to return to the library tomorrow are by my purse. I need to finish my shopping list for Target, which I plan to visit after work tomorrow, along with Petsmart. What else, what else? Off to consult the list--well, lists, these days. October, you know, is crazy around here. In a way I wish it could be Friday already (don't let's even talk about work today), but on the other hand, I still have a lot to do before the weekend. Rhinebeck! Rhinebeck! Rhinebeck!

1 comment:

  1. A patron informed me that there's supposed to be a lunar eclipse along with the full moon, so we're in for all kinds of craziness. Take that as you will -- she was very earnest about it.

    RHINEBECK!!

    ReplyDelete