Friday, August 07, 2026

What Is So Rare

(as a Thursday off work)

When I originally put in for August 6 as a day off, it was so I could take the cat to the vet for dental work. But when I learned that the elevator was in fact not going to be fixed in time, I decided to put off the vet* but keep the vacation day. 
*Not only do I not want to carry his weight up and down the stairs, but I don't think he would like it, and after anesthesia, it seems like a shitty thing to do to him, when we can wait a little longer.

The fact is that other than my Boston trip, I haven't taken much time off this year, just a day here and a day there, and taking more is both good for my mental health, and also a shame to waste the vacation time---no, wait, that's almost a joke, I never waste my vacation time. But even if I take off time around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I still have days to spare, and no plans to use them.

So, I kept Thursday off. I slept in a little, took the morning easy, then went off to the chiropractor and to do some other errands. I also made time to sit in a cafe with a treat and bound off the shawl I was knitting, more to come on that, but it was good.


Getting up for work today was not exciting. But I got through the day, and now I have the weekend! Pretty good deal all the way around.

3 comments:

  1. What floor do you live on??? I went back a few posts, but can't find that part of the puzzle. I mean... I hope you're not TOO high up.
    I'm glad you had a nice day off! Sounds much more pleasant than taking the cat to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the sixth floor. I am pedantic enough that I am counting the flights of stairs (I want credit for the exercise, even if only in my head), and I'm at about 650 flights right now. Almost every one carrying trash down or groceries up. It absolutely SUCKS.

      His teeth do need cleaning, but yeah, it was a more fun day than planned, for sure!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lovely day off! I am glad you kept it!

    ReplyDelete