Saturday, July 17, 2021

Shawl Progress: Wavedeck

I've been knitting away on Wavedeck by Kate Atherley (Ravelry link) and mostly enjoying it. I say mostly only because I have to keep checking-and-correcting the pattern rows; I'm in chart 3, and it's 151 stitches now, which I regularly mess up and have to fix. Sigh. That's me, not the pattern. But I do love how it's coming out, and I only have a half-dozen more pattern rows before I move on to the edging section, which repeats two rows and should hopefully be easier for me to manage, without so much counting and recounting.. 

At the moment, the project looks like this:

This needle is a good size for working on it, but I can't stretch it out to get an idea of how it will look after blocking. The yarn is Amy March DK, by Yarn Love (Ravelry link), in the colorway Worsted Witch Cottage (Lot B), which I got from Eat.Sleep.Knit last year. I do like how the pattern and the yarn are looking together:

So many colors, but it doesn't seem messy to me. I described it to someone as a bowl of many-colored jelly beans.

If I try to zoom in on just one section, it can stretch to show a bit better:

But it works even better on a towel, which keeps it spread out a little more easily.

Blocking is going to do a lot for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment