Monday, August 05, 2019

Started

As I mentioned, I wanted to start something new as soon as I finished the last knitting project, and I quickly picked one of the many patterns that has caught my eye recently. It's a shawl called Seashell (say Seashell shawl five times fast), and I had picked out the yarn to use on it, a skein of Eclectic Lace from Spunky Eclectic that I bought at the Fiber Revival a few years back.

Winding the yarn made me remember just how much I love having my own swift and winder, as 800 yards of laceweight was in a tidy cake in under ten minutes. And so pretty!

Yes, the one above and the one below are the same yarn, seconds apart. Isn't lighting funny?



Off to do some more!

1 comment:

  1. Curious. An old friend who decided she's just not knitting anymore mailed me a skein of yarn that is a bit faded compared to your pictures and towards the orange side of your more purple one, but, basically I did a double take and thought that's K's yarn!

    It's wound and there's no label to it but I'd guess either wool or wool/silk lace weight. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say the base yarn is Jaggerspun Zephyr.

    It's not something that's instantly calling to me and if you'd like it, or if you'd like a snip to see if by wildest chance it's a match, let me know. I'd be quite happy to find it a happy home. Or for that matter the six skeins of Elann Baby Merino baby alpaca/fine merino laceweight in a taupe-tan color.

    ReplyDelete