Thursday, July 05, 2018

4th on the Water

As we have done countless times before, on Wednesday my mother and I drove over to Everglades National Park and went on the boat tour.

It was not a perfect, but a very nice day.
Off on a sand bar, an osprey contemplated his (or her) next move.
"Hmm. Am I hungry? Or what?"
A bird took off across the water. Egret, I think?
Fins! Eek!
One of them really, really enjoyed surfing in the wake between the engines.
He (or she) was having a fine time.
Much less clear to see, but actually as perceptible as I have ever seen them: manatees!
This is about as well as you can see them. When they're not moving, you would swear that pale patch you were looking at was a large rock under water. But they can move pretty fast when they want to.
And here, a roseate spoonbill, taking off from the nest.
We had a fine time.

No comments:

Post a Comment