Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Knitting Lately

I feel like I haven't talked about my knitting much recently, other than that I had to fix the divot in the Farfalla, and accept that it isn't stitch and bitch knitting for me right now. Of course, I haven't been doing a ton of other knitting lately, but due to not taking Fafalla out, I did finish the latest socks this week. My usual pattern, and the yarn is Linda's Car Socks from Pinestar Studio (though I just found that I had put in Ravelry that it was Ellen's Half Pint Farm, and that's not right, whoops! Glad I caught that). This yarn, the yarn I actually used, is Blue Faced Leicester, and feels very nice. I would call the color Mildly Colorful.

Formal feet:
Relaxed feet:
And, of course, next socks cast on at once.
Same pattern. Early days.
This yarn is Maple Creek Farm Alexandria, which I got at Rhinebeck in 2014. When I went stash-diving for which sock yarn to use next, it leaned out and asked if winter was far enough gone by that I could appreciate one of the less-bright skeins, and I decided that I could. It has a nice squish to it, and a slight, pleasant, wood-and-cedar-chip scent.

Stash is a funny thing. Every once in a while I will see, or think of, a particular skein, and feel that its turn must surely be here, but I don't know what to make with it. Recently, the skein of Briar Rose Fibers Wistful that I got at Rhinebeck in 2013 came up this way, not for the first time, and I spent a little while pondering it.

Having been so into making shawls recently, I am starting to feel that urge wane, since at this point, I have quite a few (and one on the needles, I know, but bear with me). I tried to think what else I could use it for, and got an idea when I saw this set of scarf, hat, and mitts that seemed a good concept. That is to say, I didn't fall in love with these particular pieces, but I like the idea of making such a set with this yarn. I haven't gotten any farther than that, and it may not happen, or at least not soon, but this post is about knitting, and these are knitting thoughts I've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment