Thursday, September 18, 2014

Of Cat, and Ballet Shoes (Separately)

Carlos does not think he is being unreasonable. He doesn't want much, just me at his beck and call 24-7. That's not much! It's just one thing!

Well, it's not the only thing he wants, but it would solve his other problems, like if I was at his beck and call that would mean I couldn't be in the office, which he doesn't want me to be because he associates it with miss hissypants, even when she's in the living room.

And if I would just be at his beck and call, he's sure that the can opener would always bring him tuna (he only gets the water from the can, but he loves that). The other night, I opened a can of mandarin oranges, and he was unconvinced by my assurances that he didn't want it, so I held out the can for him to sniff. His face! I must admit I laughed. It was just like the classic strip in Calvin and Hobbes:


And ... I think that's all I can come up with tonight. My body and brain are both busy (I have cramps, and I'm thinking I might want to get a new[er] car before my trips next month), and it isn't leaving me with much bandwidth. I tell you what, though, if you're looking to fill a little time and I'm leaving you hanging, I found this video about how ballet shoes are made to be strangely compelling.



Obviously I was interested enough to look at it in the first place, but when I saw that it's 26 minutes long, I immediately thought, "Oh, I'm not watching that much. But maybe a minute or two..." And then I watched it all. Fascinating. I had no idea they lasted for such a short amount of time. And when you consider how much work goes into them, I'm impressed with how sanguine the maker is about that. I wonder how much they cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment