Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back to the Days When Weekends Feel Different

Yesterday I had two social events, both invited and accepted before I knew it would be the end of my first week back at work. Oh well! I certainly wanted to do both, but it made the day a bit long. In fact, my body made it longer by not sleeping as late as I wanted to, since I don't consider 7 late for a weekend. I tried to get back to sleep, but at 7:30 conceded the point and got up. It did give me some time to potter about in a relaxed fashion before event one, a mid-day cookout in honor of a first birthday. It seems like only yesterday that I was knitting for his arrival! Kids are just one big reminder of how fast time really passes.

The party was fun and relaxed, and I got to knit in the sun, two of my favorite things, while watching various cute little kids zooming around (not the birthday boy, yet, but he was studying them intently, and it won't be long).

Later, on the way to pick up a friend for evening plans, I stopped at a local discount store where I had seen Ott lights at a (relatively) low price, and bought one. Photos to come, as it's still in the box! But they're supposed to provide very good, clear light, so I look forward to knitting (and reading, for that matter) under better light conditions. And at $50 for a light that's available online for $160, I had to try it.

Dinner was with a group of friends, in honor of two proximate birthdays, at Sol Azteca in Newton Centre, whither the GPS guided us. The group ended up being nine, a good turnout, and we had to wait a bit to sit down but got to eat outside, which pleased us all on a lovely evening but most especially one of the birthday girls, who simply adores patio eating. Like this (without actually getting drunk):
It was good food, plenty of catching up, and overall just a lot of fun, but it was almost 10:30 when I got home, and I had a mild headache that didn't help. I turned on the end of the hockey game to see the Devils prevent the Kings from getting the Cup, then went to bed.

Between activities yesterday, I finally got to bumper stickering my car. Yay! At 6 years old, it deserves some ornamentation, beyond the Bruins plates. (When I got my car inspected, the guy tightened the screws on the plate, which were loose, and asked me how many kids I had in youth hockey. Umm, none? Can't I just be a Bruins fan?)

So I took these guys:
And went from this:

To this:
I like it! And it amuses me to think that my blog name is fairly well represented by the stickers. See? Knit and read:
Then cats and hockey:
No one else has one just like it. Is your car personalized?

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with the stickers! I have none, but a couple of months ago someone put a nice scrape on my bumper--I think a sticker would've protected it.

    ReplyDelete