Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fortunately, unfortunately

I still have a picture book from when I was a kid, called Fortunately, Unfortunately. Our young hero goes along through a series of alternating good and bad things happening to him, along the lines of: unfortunately, he steps on a land mine; fortunately, it isn't active; unfortunately, he disturbs a nest of fire ants nearby; fortunately....

So, unfortunately it's been so cold lately* that walking outside is a punishment, something to be minimized and endured. Fortunately, we can walk inside during breaks, in a large room upstairs. Unfortunately, it's not as much fun to walk in circles inside. But fortunately, on a level surface, I can walk and knit at the same time!

It's a little bit Pollyanna, but oh well. Between that and a stich'n'bitch Tuesday night, I finished the scarf! (And started another, thank you.) I feel very knitty. Especially wearing my handcrafties when I'm chilly. Now I have my wristwarmer and scarf set for work. See me smiling?

*This morning the alarm clock radio went off during the weather report, so what I heard was "...with the wind chill, it feels like 14 below." Try getting out of bed after that.

1 comment:

  1. Found you via the Harlot. Out here (SoCal) we have the Kings and the Ducks which makes it rather "interesting" for hockey fans. Since I'm "from" MA myself, I can understand/sympathize with your angst about your team! Now I want to see some cat photos... since I've read about your books (love the Stephenie Meyer ones!) and seen some of your knitting!

    ReplyDelete