Wednesday, July 05, 2017

A Main Problem

Yes, it's the water main work, again. And this time, for Thursday, my block has moved from may be affected to will be affected, so, ugh. No water means no working from home.

The good news is that, since I signed up for the updates, I heard about this by email this morning, giving me time to plan. And I do love to plan: I try out possibilities in my head like putting together a new outfit. "I could go there, or I could start here but then move, and what about..." My considerations included:

  • needing free wifi
  • and plumbing, obviously
  • and hopefully not a really crowded place, both so I wouldn't feel bad about taking up the space, and so that when I packed up to go use the bathroom, I wouldn't lose any hope of sitting down again

There are plenty of options in the area, that's the good news. After pondering, I have a tentative plan in place, as well as a mental note-to-self to be flexible, and now I just need to prepare my "supplies" to bring with me (such as lip balm, hand lotion, tissues, water bottle, and I'm sure I'll think of more). Plus the gym bag, since I'll probably go straight on to swimming when work time is done.

Man, Carlos is going to be so ticked at me.

Ah well. Nothing I can do about it. He'll be pleased when I go to bed early tonight, anyway. I stayed up for the 1812 Overture last night, which was at least an hour after I was ready for bed. I do love watching it, but this morning I wasn't sure it was worth it. Well, once a year...

No comments:

Post a Comment