Friday, July 07, 2017

I Made This! (rare non-yarn edition)

When I mention that I made something, it's almost always knitting, unless the context is something like the batch of chicken salad I made the other day (which was delicious, by the way, yay summer food). Once in a great while, though, I do something a little creative that does not involve yarn (or food), and today I will show you one of those things.

A few years back, I went into a bead store in Harvard Square with friends, where I ended up buying a handful of beads. Not with anything in mind, exactly, but I got ones I liked, that I thought might go well together, and enough for maybe a bracelet.

At some point thereafter (this is all in the distance now), I strung them onto some heavy-duty thread, and then was at a loss for what to do next. I dropped the bag in the drawer of my bedside table, which is a small black hole, and a few times since, I have come across the bag, sighed, and left it there.

Recently, though, I was tackling the drawer a little more seriously, as part of the Campaign Declutter If You Ever Want to Move to Florida, and when I came across the bag again, I decided that it was time to fish or cut bait. I bought some simple craft supplies (stretch cord and an assortment of closures), and came up with a solution that, so far, is working.

Although someone was unimpressed to be awakened by my desire to have a cute photo background.
But you can't please everyone, can you?
And perhaps a better view.
The stretchy-ness of the cord means that I don't even have to use the clasps. I dropped a dot of super glue on the spots where each end was, and it's holding so far, even with the stretching over my hand.

Here are the supplies:
The crazy glue package is empty because I used the last little tube, so I need to get more. Single-use tubes are the only way I have found to get around the difficulty I have using this product. Sometimes, you just need it. And I did get some on my finger this time, but it came off, and at least I didn't glue myself to anything.

Meanwhile, if anyone can use most of this package of cord...
And roughly 54 fasteners...
Speak up and I will be glad to send them to you. I am happy with this project, but have no interest in getting more into this craft, so they are of no use to me, but I hate to waste them.

1 comment:

  1. If no one has claimed the cord and fasteners yet, I can always put 'em to good use!

    ReplyDelete