Saturday, July 22, 2017

Deep and Philosophical. Kind Of

Is it better to have false hope, or no hope? Discuss.

Nothing dramatic; I'm talking about the weather (although you could certainly extrapolate to larger issues). Today's temperature has been cooler than recent temps, though not chilly (around 80, is all), but if we've seen five minutes of sunshine combined all day, I'd be surprised, and as usual, my mood has followed along that pattern (I am very much solar-powered).

So I looked at the weather forecast (how many times have I had a complaint that started that way?), and the next time there will be much sun is expected to be Wednesday*. Which is depressing!
*It may be partially sunny tomorrow afternoon. Forgive me if I don't believe that will amount to much.

So, would it have been better if I hadn't looked? If I had hoped that maybe tomorrow would be sunny, and again the next day and the next and the next? Instead of knowing that's unlikely?
(Recognize him?)

It's not that today was utterly unproductive; I got some things done, including finishing a sock, and winding the yarn and starting the next pair. And boring things like emptying the dishwasher and balancing the checkbook. But it all feels a bit ... draggy.

Especially since, starting yesterday, my lower back has decided to act up, something it does only rarely (and which I attribute to all those years lifting boxes at Barnes & Noble). I am moving cautiously, and with much ow. Which isn't fun anyway, but wouldn't bother me as much in the sun.

Come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment