Monday, March 09, 2015

Off Kilter

Since I was very much looking forward to my Sunday plans, going with friends to visit one of the group and meet her baby, the thought crossed my mind on Saturday to hope I wouldn't get a headache. And in fact, I woke up Sunday with a slight headache, but I did what I could and it didn't get worse, so I was able to get ready (by making brownies, while watching the Bruins win) and go as planned. I had a wonderful time; the baby is three months old, a perfect age, and even with a half dozen of us I got in some good cuddles with him.

However, as I was getting ready to leave, I realized that my headache was coming back, and it did get moderately bad. I slept poorly, bad dreams and frequent waking, and around the time I would normally get up, I emailed work instead. Fortunately we are between projects, so I didn't put pressure on myself to go in. My head hasn't been that bad, just up and down a bit, and an upset stomach on and off, but I bailed on stitch and bitch, and have been mostly a slug. Hard not to be, when you feel yoked to a heavy load. 

I did finish emptying the dishwasher, and in a good moment I balanced the checkbook and paid a few bills, but otherwise...I haven't even showered. But I knit a little, and watched a movie, and right now I have a cat sleeping on my lap, so it's good.

If warm. But if he wants to sleep on a sweaty arm, who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment