Saturday, March 14, 2015

It's a Good Tired

My, I have gotten a lot done today! I'm very tired, but only need/want to summon the energy to write this, and for a few more minutes on the bike (it wasn't a good week for that, with the time change/headache situation), then I can collapse. I can manage that much, anyway! I've done so much laundry (and so many flights of stairs), washed dishes, vacuumed, swept, watched the Bruins win their 5th in a row (how did that happen?), put away or dealt with any number of little things, and even entertained--the friends I got Belmont from came over to visit her, not that she seemed to care, the little ingrate. Their visit meant I got a few hugs with the baby, who's a year old already, sob, and got to watch his brother's pleasure at seeing kitties, and catch up with my friends a bit, all very nice.

Goodness, I am tired, though. But one of the things I got done today was to take progress pictures on all the knitting, so I thought I'd put it up here, along with a few other pictures.

The current purse socks, past the heel of sock one:
Cheery spring colors. Then the latest bike sock, almost as far along.
The blanket, moving ponderously along.
And the sweater, making barely visible progress.
The needles make it lay funny, not the pattern or anything. It's at the "knit until it measures 15 and a half inches" stage, so progress won't be exciting for a while. That's okay.

In other news, happy Pi Day! I decided last night, when I was at Wilson's, that I ought to celebrate.
They had such cute little pies. Cherry is my favorite, but blueberry a close second. With vanilla ice cream, of course.

Belmont, sleeping off the visit.
Or, you know, like she is every day.

Carlos, acknowledging that I am calling him beautiful, unsure why it even needs to be said.
Finally, I wanted to brag that my brother has sent me a few cards lately, mood elevators in my endless winter. The beautiful:
And the funny:
The good news, I realized today, is that I do actually believe now that spring will come, which I didn't a month ago. Not soon, probably: today's rain is supposed to be tomorrow's rain/snow. But it will come, I think. Optimism is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. We had a Groupon for the local bakery, so we got a chicken pie for dinner and a lemon meringue pie for dessert. Both were fantastic!

    (And because Jeff is eeevil, he also got a couple of eclairs.)

    ReplyDelete