Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Short Post, Sore Arms

This is going to be kind of a teaser, as my arms are currently really sore and I don't want to be at the computer for long.

And why are my arms sore, you ask? From carrying in a couple of Ikea Expedit (aka Kallax) shelves that I got off someone on Craig's List. They're both 2x2, so not huge, but these things are solid, man! Which is good and desirable, of course, but makes them heavy, especially the one with door inserts; I forgot to take those out before I carried it in, and let me tell you, THAT was a mistake. Live and learn! I'm pretty sure I won't forget that soon, either; when I wake up in the morning and am unable to move, it should cement the lesson nicely.

It was still worth it, though, especially considering that instead of paying $35 each for new ones, plus $15 x4 for the inserts (really? wow), and putting them together myself, they were $20 each, already put together. I'm going back to get two more from him--NOT tonight, obviously.

And what are these going to be used for, you further ask? Well, who's been reading long enough to remember the project to reclaim my office? Yeah, that post is from two years ago*. No, I haven't done much of anything since then. But cleaning out the kitchen closet, and now getting the shelves, has inspired me. We shall see. And by see, I do mean pictures.
*Kate, I noticed your comment on it; how's YOUR project going?

No comments:

Post a Comment