Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Yarn Crawl 2015 Report

It was easier to be blasé about the snow yesterday, when it wasn't snowing. Sigh.

But I had a really nice time this afternoon yarn crawling, and the tuna noodle casserole is in the oven, and then there's the Bruins game later. Will they make it six wins in a row? We shall see.

I have to stop looking out the window...

Look, yarn!
Three stores, three skeins, that seems right. That's right, just three stores, we took it easy this year, partly due to the weather, and partly to being more focused than in past years. Once you've seen all the stores, you can focus on what you want to see the most.

Our first stop was Seed Stitch, in Salem. Such a nice store! That's where the skein on the left came from: Dirty Water Dyeworks had a table of such nice things set out, it was just a question of which, and I picked this. Colorway, Sorrel.
One of the yarns I got at the knit lab last year was their Lillian; this time, I got Bertha (merino/nylon/cashmere). That's both my grandmothers!

The skein in the middle I got at the new store in Salem, Circle of Stitches. It only just opened, so it wasn't an official stop on the crawl, but I wanted to see it anyway, and I'm glad I did, it's quite nice. Plus, we got there shortly before they were due to open, but she noticed us outside and let us in anyway, which was friendly.
I never heard of the brand Anzula, but this, Haiku (merino/bamboo/nylon), is so soft and the color just lovely.

Finally, after lunch at Woodman's, we went up to Coveted, where I got the blue one. Another I haven't heard of, Galler Yarns Prime Alpaca.
It was on sale, 25% off, and it's quite a large amount (660 yards). Probably will be a shawl, but that is TBD.

I'm glad to have had the fun, and that although the rain was snow much of the time it never got awful. It's depressing enough right now, but it isn't spoiling the memory of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment