Thursday, May 01, 2014

Still no news.



Like yesterday, today crawled. Today featured a lot of deep breathing and silent pep talks. At least tomorrow, when I'm working from home, I can grouse out loud about it. And turn the phone's ringer on, so I don't need to keep it in sight, and jump every time the "backup assistant" makes the screen come to life. Which it only does about once a day, but still.

Given that I am also not-so-patiently-waiting for the weather to improve* (being as it's MAY and all**), it's felt like a lot of waiting for things out of my control. Not a great feeling, is it? Time to reach for something that is in my control. Pick up the knitting! Back on the bike***! Watch the Bruins!
*Today was 20 degrees better than yesterday, but that was because yesterday was 45, not because today was glorious
**I want to wear sleeveless shirts, not layers! Go barefoot without feeling a chill! Eat pasta salad**** instead of warm food!
***I have been riding the bike lately, by the way. Don't want you to think I mean "back on" like it's been a while. I was on it just last night, I swear! Ask Carlos!
****When I visited a friend recently, she served a simple but delicious pasta salad made with bowties, grape tomatoes cut in half, mini balls of mozzarella, and fresh basil, with a little balsamic. Yum!

No, the outcome of the game is not in my control. I realize that. But I'm watching anyway. Go Bruins!

1 comment: