Sunday, May 25, 2014

Big Achievements

I think I wrote about the time a few months ago when one of my coworkers got sick, and as he was getting ready to leave, he said, "It's so weird, my head hurts." And I just stared at him, because I've been getting migraines for about thirty years now, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to find head pain "weird". 

I was thinking about this today, the second day of this migraine, when my big accomplishments have been:

1. Eating something. I didn't eat much yesterday, as this has been a headache with strong stomach involvement. But after testing things out with crackers this morning, I actually made scrambled eggs, with a potato and a little bacon. I had to go right back to bed to sleep it off, but it's an achievement.
2. Cutting my fingernails. I had trouble getting my contacts out last night, which is the true sign that they have to be cut. (Carlos did not approve. Longer nails scritch better.)
3. Getting photos off my camera, and emailing them around. Seriously. It's an accomplishment.

Not much, right? But, literally, all I could do. I am slumped on the couch now, hoping I won't have to go back to bed. My body does not seem to recognize how much rest I've gotten (of the last 22.5 hours, I've been in bed for about 16 of them), probably because it isn't that restful with this head, and I'm basically limp. But if I don't fall asleep, lying there gets very boring. Maybe I can find something stupid on TV. And hope for better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I get what you mean about the head thing. At one point in my life my feet were so messed up that I was unable to walk the equivalent of a short block without extreme foot pain to the point where I was essentially crippled; unable to walk. Once I had surgery to correct the problem (on both feet) I had walked enough that my feet hurt but like normal people foot hurt. I was so astonished I said to my husband "My feet hurt. But like NORMAL people!"

    ReplyDelete