Thursday, May 15, 2014

Aaaaaand, Check!

For the day after the Bruins were eliminated (in yet another game in which they played like crap, what's up with that, honestly?), I'm in a pretty good mood.

Of course, that would be related to getting the offer letter this morning, and giving notice at my job. Ahhhhhh.

To answer the first question, no, my boss was not surprised. In fact, she said that she was looking around herself but hadn't found anything yet; I wonder how things would have gone if she had found something before I did, and left? (I imagine that on the one hand, my work day would have been more tolerable, but on the other, they probably would have wanted me to take over as editorial manager, at least temporarily, and no thank you, I do not manage people. Just myself.) We talked about some of the issues we've both experienced with the company; she said that it was just between us, and she wouldn't pass on what I said to her manager, but I kept it fairly general, to frustration that they have not fixed, and do not seem interested in fixing, issues that have been ongoing since I started, two years ago. She turned the conversation onto herself more than once, what she is looking for and not finding, which was an interesting way to handle things, but anyway.

Since her boss was not in the office today, but in NY for board meetings, my boss sent an email to her and to the HR woman in the New York office, to give them the news. I talked to the HR woman this afternoon, at her request, to tell her that no, there's nothing they can do to change my mind, and the Cliffs Notes version of Why.

I don't know what will happen next, whether they will make me work through the month or walk me out the door on Monday or something in between, but today, it doesn't matter. I feel lighter. It's Thursday, but since I'm off work tomorrow for the Knitting Lab, it's the weekend. Ahhhhhh. Excuse me while I go bask in this glow.

3 comments: