Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Post-Migraine; Possible Cat

I'd almost expect to be more angry about losing the long weekend to the migraine, but what I really feel is resigned: eh, that sucked, whatever. When my boss asked if I had a nice weekend, I just said "fine" and asked about hers, because I didn't want to get into it. In similar conversations in the past, I've said I had a migraine and she's asked "why" I had one, as if there is any "why" about it. Today I didn't feel like beating a dead horse. It's not like any one thing I did or didn't do caused it; they just happen. I mean, if you spend a long time in the sun without sunblock, you get a sunburn: it's cause and effect. Migraines aren't like that. One thing I am doing, though, is going back to weekly chiropractor visits, instead of every other week, which may help. Or not. No way to know for sure. We move on.

I did manage to visit my friend on Saturday afternoon as planned, and meet her cat; I don't think I've even written about it yet, with the weeks of all-consuming job search etcetera and then the migraine, but she contacted me a little while back to propose that her lonely cat might be a good companion for my lonely cat. Hmmm!

Belmont is 15 (they got her when she was young, so unlike Carlos, who could be anything from about five up, hers is a near-certain age), grey and white, and a people-lover. They had to put down their other cat earlier this year for health reasons; I asked if the two cats had been close and my friend said, "I wouldn't have said so!" They weren't Pan-and-Harold-like snuggle buddies, apparently. But she's acting lonely now, much as Carlos has since Miri left*, and given that my friend has two kids, a three-year-old and a three-month-old, getting another cat right now is understandably not in their plans. They aren't trying to get rid of Belmont, but hoping to find her a place where she could be happier, with more attention and laps, and they will take her back if she and Carlos don't get along. Sounds like the perfect test, doesn't it? They're going to take her to the vet to get her up to date on shots, and then we'll try it. Cat dating, as one of my coworkers called it, and we discussed having Carlos fill out a form of what he's looking for.
*About which I honestly still feel relieved

The other thing I did on Saturday, or perhaps I should say tried to do, was go to another friend's house for a family-style dinner for a six-year-old's birthday. It was great to see everyone, despite how I was feeling, but I only stayed an hour, leaving when my stomach informed me that not only was I not going to be eating any time soon*, but that being in a room with other people eating was also not the best idea. Ugh. I got home at 7:01 and was in bed at 7:02, not what I had planned for the evening.
*I weigh myself semi-regularly, and my weight stays pretty stubbornly stable, so being down 2.5 pounds on Monday is pretty clearly related to the Weekend of Head and Stomach.

That could be said of the whole weekend, couldn't it? Largely Not As Planned. Not to mention that apparently, my three days of being mostly home and mostly in bed or on the couch gave Carlos delusions of what life was like, and when I got home tonight, he bitched mightily about his terrible state of neglect.

Poor thing.
Doesn't he look neglected?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so neglected and abused!! Also, he has extremely nice little toe beans.

    ReplyDelete