Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cats and Flowers

I got some more cat pictures this morning. I know you're shocked.

George says, "How do you know..."
"...that you're not the one who's upside down?"
(I turned the blanket the other way out, so I can tell where it ends and he begins. With the dark side up, I was afraid I was going to sit on him by mistake.)

Carlos says, "Hush."
"Is sleeping time."
So I went out this afternoon on a mood-enhancing mission. Can you guess where?

I was wondering, on the drive, how many people who read here are in, or have lived in, snowy areas. Do you know what it's really like to live with? Not this part, the pretty, sparkly white part:
 But this. Grungy, dirty, in the way, can't see over the snowbanks part.
That's why periodically I have to go through this door.
 Where it is this: warm, and humid (in the good sense of "not dry").
Having a blog means having blog archives means I can say I first went to the Wellesley greenhouses in 2010 (and again in 2011 and 2013)(2012 was Florida, and a mild winter, which is probably why nothing that year; only so much archive-diving I'm doing). It makes me smile! Warm and color and green and hope. Join me. More pictures than probably anyone else wants to see, but I please myself first, after all.
































































Goodbye winter!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I had a smile when I started going down the photos, a chuckle when I saw the sock and a grin the rest of the way through. I keep telling myself this will end but using the snow blower twice in one week is terribly disheartening.

    ReplyDelete