Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cough Update, then cat pix and off to knit

The cough is a lot better.

It is! It isn't gone completely, but the syrup helped me sleep last night without a cough drop, mirabile dictu, and for a further wonder the pill he gave me is also helping. Did you know there was a pill for a cough? I didn't; it continues to surprise me, all the things I don't know. It's called Tessalon, which I can only assume means that after it cures the cough, it will impart the ability to tesser, something I've wanted to do since I first read A Wrinkle in Time. Won't that be handy? Almost as good as not coughing, after almost two months of it.

Anyway, according to its Wikipedia page, "Benzonatate is a non-narcotic oral cough suppressant, or antitussive, with effects that last from 6 to 8 hours. Its formal name is 2,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26-nonaoxaoctacosan-28-yl para-butylaminobenzoate." Aren't you glad we don't have to use its formal name? Let's be honest, I'm not even going to call it Tessalon or Benzonatate, but just the cough pill. Now you'll know what I mean.

Now, I have to get to knitting and biking (both separately and together). I want to get the biking back into a daily habit, which is a bit of a struggle still, and I want to get that first baby duck foot done, and get to the second. The baby's here! Deadline approaches! Let me leave you with these, for your amusement.
There!

No comments:

Post a Comment