Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some Photos in No Particular Order

The princess, relaxing cautiously.
Growth! From the ground! My god, winter may actually end!
The baby, relaxing without any caution at all.
I bought more bulbs: hyacinths, this time. Here they are on March fourth:
And here on the tenth:
By the twelfth, the issues are becoming clear:
And as this was yesterday, you can imagine that this morning they were even further slanted.

I googled what to do, and found advice about staking them with chopsticks or bamboo sticks. I don't have either, so I pondered what might be in the house that would hold the top-heavy lovelies up. Et voila:I hardly ever use straight needles any more; these were in a vase, being decorative, and they might as well be useful for a while.

A small traffic back-up gave me time to catch this shot:
I had a great time yarn crawling yesterday; story to come.
She really is relaxing a bit, even when I'm around.

If you're a knitter, let me ask you this: do you consider a project finished when the knitting is done, or does it have to be blocked to be done done? I'm not sure if I want to say that my Frost Diamonds shawl is finished, since blocking is going to change its looks considerably, but at any rate the knitting of it is done. Yay! This is especially good news considering a knitting setback suffered earlier in the day (sigh)(not ready to go into it yet).


You can see how much the cats care.


But I'm pleased as punch! Wearing it now, in fact. I will report on the blocking when it happens.

3 comments:

  1. You have growth outside??!!! I am jealous and pretty sure that I will have snow in my yard until June. I am going to buy a plant tomorrow so I can pretend. If I keep the blinds shut it may work.
    I can't wait to see the blocked shawl and can't believe you finished already. You are a knitting god!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those cute "relaxing kitties"! Love the shawl--the work and the color are beautiful.

    My co-librarian brought a hyacinth in for our office desk and it has smelled lovely all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPRING! Love the flower shots.

    As soon as I was reading about you trying to find something for stakes I was shouting in my head "knitting needles!!!" Multi-purpose fun.

    Can't wait to see the shawl.

    ReplyDelete