Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still Biking, Still Knitting

Today I was thinking of the part in Alice in Wonderland about jam yesterday and jam tomorrow, but never jam today. That's because we had snow yesterday and should have snow tomorrow, but had none today. The difference, of course, is that jam is a wishful thing, while snow, well, you know how I feel about that.

In the interest of fairness, I will say that the snow yesterday was not a big accumulation: it melted on the roads, and only piled up on the grass and roofs--and on my car, I cleared an inch of slush off the thing. Eventually, the precipitation changed to rain, and melted much of what was there, though this morning there was still some around, including on a pile of old snow I noticed, which looked like a huge lump of coal dusted in powdered sugar.

Also, I would not say that before yesterday, I thought we were all done with snow. But thinking it might come, and seeing it fall, were very different feelings. And knowing that more comes tomorrow (one to three inches, they think), well, yuck. I may have had to stop on the way home for some chocolate, preventively speaking. Theoretically. The Mini Eggs have been out for weeks, you know, and me not buying them.


Exercise report:

The biking is going well. Knitting, in addition to being magic in other ways (sticks+string=fabric? magic!), really keeps me going on the bike, for reasons I can't quite articulate but am not going to question. Of course, bring sick threw me off for a while there, but I picked back up and am going strong.

These are my calculations, based on a Sunday-through-Saturday week, of minutes on the bike:
January (total month): 10 minutes
February 15-18: 20
February 20-26: 30
Feb 27-Mar 5: 75
Mar 6-12: 10
Mar 13-19: 85

Obviously, I didn't really get started until mid-February, and you can see about when I discovered the knitting connection, and the numbers headed upward. The week that I was sick barely registers, but I got back on, didn't I? Yup. (Pats self on back.)

Yup. Knitting. On the bike. I'm not asking why, I'm just going to keep doing it. Right now, in fact. Later!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck-o! We are supposed to get slush tomorrow morning.

    There are all sorts of Easter candy temptation at every drugstore and convenience store in the area--so difficult to avoid! And there are few things I miss having since I found out I can't eat milk anymore. I definitely miss Mini Eggs. Velvety chocolate goodness.

    ReplyDelete