Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kind of a Random Mix, BUT, no headache!

(cross fingers, knock wood)

Despite a wicked case of insomnia last night, today has been much better than yesterday in the migraine department*, ranging between Level 0--No Pain and Level 1--not so much pain as Awareness of My Head, with the occasional lapse into Level 2--Is It Coming Back? This morning it felt less like a typical headache, and more like my brain didn't quite fit right in my skull. Like putting on a pair of new shoes that don't know your feet yet ... or, more disturbingly, as if I was trying to fit my brain into someone else's skull. "It's the same size, it should work."

*So hopefully we'll improve on yesterday's short-and-weird posting, sorry about that.

Yeah, looks like I may not achieve coherence exactly. But hey, what else is new? Here's some of the randomness crossing my mind today.

I deleted an e-mail today, from a survey-marketing-type company, then thought again about it. Didn't I see a "last chance" message from them before, and more than once? Let's check the trash.

Seven. This is from the last month. Good lord, people, marketing can do better than that.

Of course, I also got a renew-your-subscription from PW last week, and my subscription expires in July. Personally, I think March is a little ahead of the game.

A couple of hockey points:
  • As of Sunday night, the Bruins are officially in the playoffs. Yay! Given that their season has overall been good, it would have been a major disappointment if this didn't happen, but I do appreciate that they didn't wait until the very end of the season to confirm (though the number of games left is in single digits). It makes it easier for me to read about the bubble teams and their tragic numbers, when the Bruins aren't in that race.
  • The Bruins' rivalry against the Montreal Canadiens goes back decades, and is as incendiary to each team's fans as the more well-known Red Sox/Yankees strife (what is it with Boston sports fans?). I would certainly buy the hockey equivalent of the Sox shirt that says, "I root for two teams, the Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees". (Sadly, I've never seen one that says. "I root for two teams, the Bruins, and whoever beats the Canadiens.") Habs fans are quick to bring up the number of Stanley Cups that Le Bleu-Blanc-et-Rouge have brought home (it's higher than five, is their basic point), while Bruins fans in recent years scoff at their opponents for whining and diving. (Just don't bring up too many men on the ice; that's still painful, like the ball going through Bill Buckner's legs is to a Red Sox fan.)
    Anyway, that's just backup to explain why I laughed when a Bruins fan blog referred to That Team as "Le Blanc, Bleu et Merde". Not particularly mature of me, sure, but hey, it's funny.
So. I have a Bruins game to watch, coincidentally, and a sleeping pill to take, and cats to appease since I was out this evening having dinner with a friend, oh and I want to ride the bike after a few days of headache making that inadvisable, and, well, I think that's it. It's enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment