Saturday, March 26, 2011

Real Food

Yes, I cooked! This wouldn't be such news except that it's something I haven't been doing much of, recently. I go through phases of cooking more and of cooking less, and recently has been very strongly less. But today, I've had a pot roast in the crock pot all day, and I made mashed potatoes, and the baked corn souffle is in the oven. Can't wait to eat!

I'm disappointed in the Bruins (1-0 loss) today, and especially in the officiating (since the Rangers scored after they were clearly offside), but I did have one funny moment watching the game. I had just registered with slight distaste that the sound people at the Garden were playing the Chicken Dance music*, when I heard what the crowd did to it: at the last four beats, they chanted, "The Ran-gers suck!" (This seems to be a thing? At Islanders games? I don't know how it made it to the Garden.) A good laugh when I needed it.

*I got really sick of that when I had season tickets to the Checkers**. Not that I liked it the first time I heard it. And they played it at every game. So.
**At the time, they were an ECHL affiliate of the Bruins; now they're an AHL affiliate of the Hurricanes. Weird.

I'll leave you with two shirts from the latest Signals catalog that caught my eye. Just because.




Oh, and the size seven needles? Can't find them. I used size 6 instead, and hope the gauge will still work out. And my stash is a little better organized now, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Hear here! I'm glad to hear your you're stash is better organized. Those ball's of yarn can be nasty.

    Sorry couldn't help putting a couple of my pet peeves out there - it's all your fault for that last shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds yummy! I killed my crock-pot a couple weeks ago and thought my family would starve.

    Your shirts are fantastic but I have to admit to falling prey to the final one on a couple occasions. What is sad about that is I rocked in English all through school, now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baked corn souffle? Please tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 6th graders need that their/there t-shirt. Desperately.

    ReplyDelete