Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quick March Updates (books and bike)

Well, the month isn't technically over, but with all the packing and getting-ready I still need to do tonight*, the chances of my exercising any more, or finishing another book, before midnight are beyond slim and well into none, so I think I can give the March Exercise and Reading Summaries now.

*Depending on the weather tomorrow, I may put my trip off, but the forecasts are varying so wildly, I'm waiting to see what things look like tomorrow. It's complicated by the fact that they'll get more crap snow west of here than I'll see when I wake up. Decisions, decisions.

To recap, I read 20 books in January, and 21 in February. In March, I read ... 22! How very consistent of me. And also, how very explicative of why I get so little done around the house. It's a sacrifice I am willing to make, though I was thinking yesterday of the irony that when I'm at work, I think of all these things I could be doing if I was at home ... then I go home and don't do half of it. (Though I did do dishes last night, which is something. And cleaned the top of the stove, which was disgracefully overdue.)

After experimenting with Goodreads earlier this year, I've been keeping the book list in a spreadsheet in my Google docs, and it's working perfectly for me. Thus I can tell you that eight of the March books I read for the first time, and I got eight (but not the same eight) out of the library. My favorite of the new reads was probably Tied to the Tracks, by Rosina Lippi (author of another favorite of mine, The Pajama Girls of Lambert Square), and I've been on a real fantasy kick, re-reading much Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, and Lois McMaster Bujold. And it has been good.

As for exercise, you know I've been improving there. I mean, in January I rode the bike for 10 minutes, while in February, the total was 65. Now, are you ready for March?

302 minutes. Wow, if I do say so myself. That's more than 5 hours! I like that graph.

And having said that, I'm enough of a nerd that I actually did make a graph. Embrace the inner nerd.

Plus, that's with losing 7 days to illness and headache, plus the occasional self-granted day off. Not bad.

All right, I have things to do. The Bruins are up 3-2 after 2, so hopefully the third period will be entertaining to pack to. Now hush, don't tell Carlos I'm leaving!

1 comment: