Friday, October 02, 2015

Friday Night Random

Last night I went grocery shopping after work, being out of a number of everyday things plus what I need to make chili tomorrow, mmm, big old pot of chili, perfect for cold rainy weather. My other plans for tomorrow involve finishing the spider, so it should be a busy day.

Tonight, not so much. I'll probably work on the spider some while I listen to the Bruins game--here's to the end of the preseason, and the anticipation of televised games next week--but maybe I'll read, too. Or something. Who knows.

Aren't you glad you're reading this scintillating material?

Wait, here's something to show you: I got a cover for the new tablet:
Snazzy, right? There weren't actually a ton of options, but you know I'm fine with blue.
I wasn't sure I would want to use the stylus, but in fact it cuts down on the smeary-screen factor considerably, so I'm liking it.

And a final (and completely unrelated) question: Do you notice any variability in the number or timing of junk phone calls you get?

When I started working from home, I noticed that I was getting up to three calls a day, on either the cell or land line (and yes, both are on the do-not-call registry, which clearly means nothing). Sometime about a week ago, I became aware that I wasn't getting as many, hardly any, but then yesterday and today I've gotten three calls each day.

Who falls for these things anyway? Overly cheerful recorded voices calling from "the customer service department" or "your credit card company" or cheerily starting with "Congratulations!" It's about as realistic as the spam emails claiming that they have millions of dollars to give me, if I would just contact them. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of wish mine came with a stylus. The screen does get smeary, even with a screen protector on.

    ReplyDelete