Thursday, April 24, 2008

Striving for Balance

I have come to the realization that when work is particularly busy, I lose some elasticity toward the ups and downs of my personal life. In other words, when work is very busy, I can't handle much busyness in my personal life without getting out-of-proportion stressed about it.

I think this explains why I am finding Life in General overwhelming this week, though if I list off all the Things, there aren't really that many of them (no more than usual, anyway). While I do not now, nor have I ever considered work primarily as a place to recharge for life, apparently I need more balance between the two than I sometimes get. "Losing" last weekend to the trip, enjoyable as it was, doesn't help.

And that's as philosophical as I'm going to get right now. I'm in a decent mood tonight, despite having had the kind of day where every single thing I touched had to be brought to someone else for a question before proceeding, which was ... oh, frustrating. But I got home and accomplished something right away: I brought in the dresser that has been in my car since Sunday.


My aunt and grandmother were getting rid of it, and since I've been wanting a tall dresser, and this is functional if not lovely, and of course free for the taking, well yeah! They actually have another (Mum, do they look familiar? your sister said they're the ones you two got after the fire), but it seemed like pushing it to try to get both in the car. Maybe next time, if they haven't found another home for it. I'm excited to start moving things into it.

My mouse is squeaking, I don't know why, but I don't think I can deal with diagnosis tonight. I'll finish with this car, which I saw coming home tonight. I noticed the Treehugger sticker from farther away, then as I got closer, saw the other two.


There's wearing your heart on your sleeve, and there's wearing your philosophy on your bumper, I guess.

Finally: pretty!


P.S. Yarn Harlot at Webs on Sunday! See you there?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there (wrng ma Ravlry bage wif leslieileen if u want 2 lok 4 me). I'm actually meeting an internet blogging/knitting buddy of 3 years for the first time irl there :)

    It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against last year's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are cool! And I'm glad you got something done. Crossing things off your to-do list is one of the best ways to feel less overwhelmed, I think.

    ReplyDelete