Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Water in Many Forms

I'm trying to be low-key about 2017--I really want to think it will be a better year than 2016 was in so many ways, but I kind of don't want to scare it off or tempt fate, either. I'm not really superstitious about the new year, I don't make sure my house is all cleaned up (ha), or cook black-eyed peas, or think that how I spend the night will "set the tone" for the year, but ... sshhh, don't let 2017 see how hard I'm hoping it will be a good year.

If one did believe in such early auspices, today wouldn't have been a great day, anyway; I had good intentions of starting to tackle the dirty-laundry mountain, but I went downstairs to get the first load of towels out of the washer to find water all over the floor, the sink full of water, and even a few inches of water in the bottom of the washer. (It was already raining* out at the time; do you think I've angered a water spirit?). Hmmm. Good intentions thwarted, all right.
*Better than snow!

I got the load out of the washer, squeezing the excess water out as needed, and threw the towels into the dryer. The property manager is working on getting someone here tomorrow to look into it, so I don't even have to do that part. But as I don't want to load all the laundry into my car, it will remain dirty for a little while longer, anyway. Hopefully not too long.

And anyway, tonight it's back to water aerobics, speaking of water. A friend mentioned that her yoga class yesterday was completely full, even the teacher having less than a full mat space, so I wonder if the resolution bump will be visible in my class. I don't recall noticing that last year, but it was at the other gym, so who knows.

Finally happy birthday to Mary Ellen!

1 comment:

  1. Boooo to the water woes, but thank you for the birthday wishes!!

    ReplyDelete