Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Is The Weather Gray, or Grey? It Is Bleargh

Until late this afternoon, I had intended to go to swimming tonight as usual, but given the combination of mammoth yawns and rotten weather, I decided to give myself the night off. I'll watch the start of the Bruins game, and knit, then get to bed early, and perhaps have more energy for whatever tomorrow brings (plus, of course, swimming on Thursday). I've been doing really well at going twice a week, but I really only set myself that goal to make sure I'd go at least once a week, and sometimes, not going is what I need.

I'm not sure why I'm so tired; perhaps it's partly as a result of the weather. I'm pleased to say that at least it hasn't required shoveling, but we've been having cold and lots of rain with occasional snow flurries mixed in (just not accumulating, fortunately), and the WIND! Good lord, I have been forcibly reminded that the windows in my bedroom* are old ones, meaning not of this century. The rattling, and the breeze blowing in, not to mention the temperature difference--it's usually about 2 degrees cooler in there than in the rest of the place in winter, which is actually okay with me because I prefer to sleep in slightly cooler temps, but this has been ridiculous. Five degrees difference is too much, and I don't want to feel a breeze in the living room.
*The other windows are new, or modern, or whatever you want to call them, and far more efficient.

Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be slightly warmer, and slightly less windy*, and all I can say is I hope that's true. I walked from the car to the chiropractor's office last night muttering, "In two weeks I'll be in Florida, in two weeks I'll be in Florida, in two weeks I'll be in Florida..." out loud. Thank heavens I have that to get me through January. It's making such a difference.
*Though I don't see the magic word, "sunny," until Monday...

And there's also knitting. Yesterday I was hit with the sudden urge to work with a skein of mink lace-weight that has been resting in the stash for a while. It's funny where these urges come from! But before I went to stitch and bitch, I had time to wind the skein, then split it into two balls to hold it double, so I could start this cowl there last night.
The yarn is a dream, soft and warm and oh, that color. I had thought of doing a shawl, but after all, I have quite a few of those, and I decided that wearing it snug around my neck wold probably be pretty damned nice. I have not changed my mind about that yet. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments: