Monday, January 16, 2017

Nothing of Coherence, I'm Afraid

The Bruins have been tremendously Jekyll-and-Hyde this year, and it's getting on my nerves. After playing a strong game on Saturday (they won 6-3, and it wasn't really even that close), they started okay today, but couldn't make anything of it, and lost 4-0 to the Islanders, who are currently at the bottom of the conference. Argh. This is the first time the Islanders have shut out the Bruins in Boston in team history--oh great, there's a record you want to see fall.

It doesn't help that multiple other teams this season have had long win streaks, nine and ten and more, and here I am wishing for the Bruins to manage two in a row. Not that they haven't done that at all this season, they've even won three in a row a few times, but not recently, not this month. And somehow losing to the bad teams hurts more. This should be easy, guys.

Oh well. It's been a productive weekend, overall, and I need to be happy with that, putting hockey aside. Why, I did three loads of laundry yesterday, and three more today! Things are much closer to being under control in that department, which feels satisfying. I've done dishes, balanced the checkbook, and tried to get ready for the upcoming week. It's the Women's March in Boston on Saturday! I have my hat, and am hoping it won't rain--but pulled out a rain jacket, just in case. I expect the forecast to change several more times before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment