Monday, September 28, 2015

October?

How is it October this week?

Not that I'm not looking forward to October, but it still manages to surprise me. Already?

Yet so it seems. Some of the things I'm looking forward to in October:
  • The leaves changing. Although we've had cooler weather lately, especially at night, the trees are so far largely green. Bring on the color! (The photo below is from last year, in case that needs pointing out.)
  • Hockey! The Bruins have played some preseason games, but those aren't always televised or even on the radio. In the regular season, games will always be both! 
  • A potluck gathering with friends next Sunday, that will be fun.
  • My birthday! I know some people dislike their birthdays, but I don't feel that way myself. And, while I don't actually like driving on my birthday, a few audiobooks and some snacks and the drive will, with luck, pass quickly enough.
  • Apple Festival! I'm leaving a week from Friday, and look forward to seeing my aunt and grandmother, giving Grandma the tarantula, going to the Fest, eating Fire Department french fries, shopping the crafts (for myself and for Christmas gifts), all that good stuff.
And while this year won't be a Rhinebeck year for me (I just don't like to do it when I don't have vacation time to take a recovery day, as two weekend trips in a row is too much for me otherwise, plus it's money I'd rather not spend, this Year of Layoff), I have so much yarn that it's not like I'll feel a pinch. I'll enjoy it even more next year.

3 comments:

  1. So, if someone just happened on your blog they might be taken aback that you're giving your grandmother a tarantula 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, if someone just happened on your blog they might be taken aback that you're giving your grandmother a tarantula 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it's your birthday month! So great. Can't wait to celebrate with you ... when we find a time! Love you.

    ReplyDelete