Saturday, September 05, 2015

I Think I Did Say That It Was Big

Now that the blanket is getting so big, I wanted to spread it out fully and see just how big it is. Not that it's meant to be a bed blanket, necessarily (well, I won't be policing what they do with it), but a double bed is a way to guesstimate a blanket big enough for two people. Basically, I was wondering if I was right that it was at least half done.

So I cleared off the bed, put half the stitches on another needle, and voila.
Big. And yes, I think more than half done. I'm coming up on the end of the 5th cable pattern repeat, and I'm guessing either 7 or 8 will be enough. So back to it!

Well, maybe a few more pictures.
I do love how the cables pop. So textured.
*****
In other news, I walked down to Starbucks today, to get out into the pretty day, and sat outside with my drink, knitting. A couple of women, one roughly my mother's age and one roughly mine, asked what I was making, and when I said socks, the younger woman said, with a little laugh, "Socks! Ambitious!" Not in a nasty way, but I just keep puzzling over it. I mean, I guess I felt ambitious when I first tried to make them, and how does she know it's not my first pair, but I certainly wasn't casually taking my first pair out to knit: I was struggling with them at home, where I could concentrate.

Ambitious? Just not the word I would use. Or even one of the words.

*****
I went out to dinner with a friend last night, and we stopped in Barnes & Noble afterward, so she could pick up a gift she needed. I hadn't been in a bookstore in a while, and it was nice to browse around for a bit. I even pulled out my tablet to request a book from the library (sorry, B&N).

I really liked the cover of this sketchbook, but I refrained from buying it, as there's no way I need it, and I don't even know what I would use it for.
Still, pretty!

*****
I got an email newsletter the other day, and one of the articles was about clutter, so of course I had to click through, even though I was not expecting anything helpful. And it wasn't, it was pretty generic, but I was struck by the stock photo they chose to accompany the article.
What about her says she's taking control of clutter? I think she's celebrating pulling off a clever prank on someone. What do you think she's doing?

2 comments:

  1. She looks kind of psychotic to me. About that blanket, I'm assuming they're knit-worthy with a beauty like that. Seriously seriously gorgeous blanket.

    ReplyDelete