Friday, September 25, 2015

All About the Wedding Blanket

The pattern: Fabulous Felines Rajah's Blanket. Verdict: I like the pattern. Few flaws and I had to make few mods (and one of those was because seed stitch and I have agreed we should keep our distance from each other).

The yarn: Loops & Threads Charisma, 18.75 skeins of the 26 I bought on New Year's Day. Verdict: A very good choice when you need bulky and want soft and machine-wash. It looks like it might blur a little over time, but I'm okay with that. The cables really pop in it.

The start: January 31, 2015; first pictures seem to have shown up here in February, amidst the snow and shoveling woes.

The finish: knitting on Sept 19, finishing on Sept 23

Finished blanket weight: four and a half pounds!

And then the pictures. Right side:
The lighting makes it looks striped, doesn't it? Weird.
Wrong side:
Not so bad, eh? For a "wrong" side.
Close ups:
And the final package, ready to hand over:
Done, done, done...

P.S. Carlos was so glad when I finished messing with his bed. He isn't one of those cats who enjoys a game of change-the-sheets, so that's a regular annoyance to him, and then this time, even more so.

5 comments:

  1. It turned out SO beautiful!! It's going to be lovely and cozy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Fantastic job. It's obvious you love your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent job! The back side even looks good and I've got a "thing" about back sides. I hope your friends appreciate the love and care you put into their gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY COW I LOVE IT!!! Gorgeous! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete