Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Break Between Year-in-Review Blocks

I've been thinking some more about the cat issue, and you know how I said the other day about how in hindsight, I probably wouldn't have brought Belmont home, since she and Carlos don't get along? I think I've been forgetting just how needy Carlos was, when he was here alone. He doesn't exactly get along with Belmont, true, and he still wants my company and attention, but in a way I think he's better than he was. Maybe.

In knitting news, I am having serious second thoughts about the blanket I started for my friend who's getting married. How did I pick this pattern, given my dislike for seed stitch? The overall pattern is an easy one, but for me, I have to pay too much attention to seed stitch for it to be enjoyable. The project is sitting while I rethink my options. Major waffling time. Not much time should be spent on waffling, though.

I did, finally, finish casting on my sweater, and join it in the round, at stitch and bitch last night. Away we go! Maybe that should be my knitting for the plane? I know, it will get bigger, but not all that fast; I won't be working on it much this week, and have a couple of inches of ribbing to do before it even starts on the body (it's knit from the bottom up) ... Decisions, decisions...

Meanwhile, I got Chinese takeout for dinner tonight, and here are the two fortunes I got:
Rest has a peaceful effect on your physical and emotional health.
And
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
In other words, no, I won't be making it to the end of the Bruins game tonight! (It doesn't start until 8, anyway.) Time to get a few things done before bed, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment