Thursday, October 23, 2014

TBT Time Again

When my mother was here, she pointed out that one of the photos I have on the wall would make a good entry for a throwback Thursday, and I had to agree with her. It's not your usual family photo.
That is, unless your family also found themselves, while at the airport in Trinidad, having the baby's picture taken with a beauty pageant contestant?

My dad's handwriting is a little hard to read, but I believe the back says that the tall lady in the boots is "Miss Carifta contestant Miss Van Sluytman"--whatever that means. I found a page stating that Umblita Van Sluytman was Miss Guyana World in 1966, and who knows if they are the same, but it could be, right? Anyway, a fun look back.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a hockey game to go watch. Go, Bruins!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And I'm not divulging if I'm referring to you or the beauty queen. Maybe it's the plane...

    ReplyDelete