Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I feel numb

It's from Novocaine, not U2 (though I do like that song). Yes, at the dentist again!

Like three weeks ago.

And three weeks before that.

And three weeks before that (though that one was the cleaning with a how's-the-crown-doing, not just cracked-tooth related).

Really it all started in March. Since we are now at the end of June, I will try to remember this experience next time I start to grind my teeth when I get annoyed. (The dentist didn't say that's what caused it ... but I think not taking chances here would be good.)

Speaking of being at the end of June ... has anyone seen the summer weather? It should be here somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. And while we're on the subject, please join me in a rousing "hiss, boo" for the Globe, using this quote in their "the weather sucks and it keeps on raining" story this morning:
“It’s been very persistent, and it could go on for the rest of the summer,’’ said Frank Strait, a senior meteorologist with AccuWeather.
I think I speak for everyone within at least a hundred-mile radius when I say, "Bite me, Frank." I don't think that's the Novocaine talking, either.

Well, maybe it is. Partly.

I'm off to eat some popcorn in the manner I used when I had braces, and wasn't supposed to eat popcorn: one piece at a time, melt in the mouth. It's sort of peaceful. Zen and the art of popcorn intake.

1 comment:

  1. I remember eating popcorn like that - it was sort of soothing in a way. And yeah, "Bite me. Frank, bite me BIG" because this weather is taking all the joy out of summer.

    ReplyDelete