Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday again

Today's been a decent day so far. Any day that starts by sleeping late has an edge, in my book. Here's some of my day, in pictures.

A nice walk on a pretty day.


Nature disregards human intention.


The trunk of the tree is inside the fence. At least part of the top is outside.

A path in the woods.


View through trees to the water.


Back inside, and a completed project.


Crochet, actually. A friend asked if I thought I could make hanger covers. I thought I could, and it turns out, I can! She was pleased, gave me dinner, and sent me home with more hangers.

One car, two unusual bumper stickers.



Book shopping!


Happy, happy. My Discover card gives me back a small percentage of what I charge, and when I have accumulated $20, I can cash it in, or exchange it for gift cards to various places, some of which raise the stakes. Thus, my $20 earned became $25 at Borders, so for $1.23 cash I got three books I've been wanting to own. Yay!

I'm off to watch game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals. No one's winning the Cup tonight, but I have to soak in the hockey before it goes poof for the summer.

Aside: I just read a "trashy" romance novel with a hockey theme (trophy wife inherits $50 million and an NHL team when her aged husband dies), and though it wasn't bad, one of the things that bugged me was when it referred to "the cup." Excuse me, but when we talk about Lord Stanley's trophy, that would be the Cup. Capital C, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment