Thursday, June 11, 2009

Milestones

I recall reading a Dilbert comic strip before Y2K in which Dilbert is arguing that 2000 is not really the start of the new millennium, and Dogbert counters that it's significant because it's a big round number, b-i-i-i-i-g and r-o-o-o-o-u-n-d. Sometimes milestones have an actual meaning, but sometimes they're just big, round numbers.

And thus I welcome you to my 700th blog post. Innately meaningless, yet somehow satisfying.

Miri is watching me anxiously. She has been very vocal in the last half hour (intermittently, thank heavens) because she can't find Harold. She wants him. She needs him.

Where is he?

I am not hiding him, but he is hiding. He's napping in a quiet spot. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to be found. But hopefully he will come out soon and let her relax.

Another thing that's hiding is the sun. It was around Sunday morning, and since then, yuck. And the forecast? (Not that I really believe it.) Only partly cloudy on Saturday. Partly cloudy next Wednesday. Sunny next Thursday, and then rain again.

This nonsense of 50s, raining on and off ... this weather is substandard. It's June. It should be at least warm, if not hot. Frankly, I want hot, but I would settle for warm. I need sun. I'm going down to Florida in August (time off from work approved!), and some coworkers were asking if it wouldn't be awfully hot there, then, and I was all "I hope so!" Because right now, awfully hot sounds wonderful.

And it looks something like this:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 700 posts! That's a lot! Even if it's just a big round number.

    ReplyDelete