Thursday, June 30, 2016

(Minor) Mail Mayhem

All right, "mayhem" is probably too strong a word, but I couldn't resist the alliteration.

I was expecting a package to be delivered yesterday*, for the simple reason that its tracking told me that was when it would be delivered. I checked the mail a few times through the afternoon, but never got anything--something that does happen once in a while, even with all the junk mail one gets, but that always makes me skeptical due to the many, many instances proving that the US Postal Service finds this building and its many doors so confusing that they can't always manage to deliver the mail, or not to the right door, etc.
*Not the swimsuits; those should come next week.

But when I checked the tracker around 6, it informed me that the package was in fact delivered at 3. Ah, no, it wasn't; I even walked around the building to see if it was left outside the wrong door, but it wasn't. Hmm. It wasn't like I needed it yesterday, but I am a rule-follower, and expect the same of others, especially companies like this. You said it would be delivered on Wednesday; you said it was delivered on Wednesday; where is it?

It appeared today, so that's the good news (even better, I like the shirt, and it fits). On the other hand, my local weekly newspaper, which is delivered by mail on Thursdays, did not arrive. Nor did another item ordered, whose tracking claimed that it was expected to be delivered today (though, unlike the first package, it wasn't promising). I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I must say, I'm rather nostalgic for the days of living in a house, with a single, obvious front door, and a mail slot therein.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I live in a house with a mail slot in the front door. No guarantee let me assure you. There for a while we regularly got other's mail. Completely different street, house number. It still happens but not as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I live in a house with a mail slot in the front door. No guarantee let me assure you. There for a while we regularly got other's mail. Completely different street, house number. It still happens but not as much.

    ReplyDelete