Wednesday, June 15, 2016

World's Smallest Cliffhanger

Can I tell you how glad I am that Father's Day is almost here? So glad, because it means just a few more days of the related ads popping up everywhere. I am so sick of them. The first couple of years after dad died were awful, and now it's much less painful, but it isn't not painful. Just little pinpricks, a little lemon juice in the paper cut. Almost there. Just a few more days.

I guess I'm in a bit of a mood tonight. Not as bad as last night, when I got home from swim class sore and achy and cross as hell about it, like, I pay money and give up my time and all I end up with is pain, great. Every time I come creaking home and I just want to hang the things up to dry, and Carlos is all under my feet complaining because I left the house and I end up yelling at him to just give me a minute, literally one minute, and then I will sit down, for gods sake. And last night he had thrown up while I was out, which of course I'm sorry about for his sake, but also it was another thing to do, cleaning that up, and ow, and fuck it, I'm not touching the blog in this mood, basically.

So, as I was saying, not that bad tonight! But kind of cross. No particular reason. I should go to the grocery store, but I don't want to go. On the other hand, I want to have gone. It's a dilemma. Tune in next time to find out what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the Father's Day ads. For a different reason, of course -- mine is still alive, but estranged. (Have I told you that saga?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I try to tune out the Father's Day stuff for the same reason. Still too fresh even after 4 years. 4 years? It seems so much more recent than that.

    I hear you on the exercise. I just want to quit hurting dammit! It doesn't help with the incentive does it?

    ReplyDelete