Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I am hereby presenting random topics and photos from my brain today.

Sadly, I woke this morning with a slight sore throat. Guess the body didn't appreciate yesterday's blogging. It got neither better nor worse today; I think it's just from the pollen, which is reportedly Very High.

Happily, at work this morning they sent out the get-out-of-work-early message for Friday. I was hoping that, as on previous holidays, we would be dismissed early, and so it is. Come on, 2PM Friday!

I read about this football player today, whose hair is insured for a million dollars. No, really. Have you seen him?


I walk by the Hancock building in Boston just about every day, but only recently did I notice this: you can see through the glass corner in some spots.


It's not a reflection, either.


Struck me as strangely cool.

Unlike this, which I grabbed a shot of before the red light changed.


See? Ow, ow, ow.

And this? Is just strange.

I'm hoping there's a child involved, as having a stuffed animal in your car that looks like a dead rodent would be extra weird if you're not doing it to please a small irrational person.

I was looking through a catalog at work, and I noticed part of a book cover with something crafty going on. I can't quite figure out what she's doing, though. Something with pins.

Finally, sometimes a satisfying photo is just being in the right place at the right time.

1 comment:

  1. The pillow, pins and string are bobbin lace being made. A video is <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5EZqc6peY>here</a>. You can see it in portraits of the Tudors, Puritans and the subjects of various Dutch masters.

    ReplyDelete