Saturday, November 28, 2009

More Miri

Yes, you think you know a cat ... and then you learn you didn't.

Yes, Miri is adapting to Harold's loss. I still don't know how things will work out, but I am optimistic. Since I certainly don't want to get another cat yet (maybe in six months, or a year), it is comforting to see that Miri will take some companionship from me. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right, little girl? Any old port in a storm?

She relaxed even more last night. If I could have seen these photos two weeks ago, I would not have believed them.





You guys are right, she may turn into a lap cat after all. How funny is that? It's okay if she doesn't, but still, how funny?

I hope I'm making some kind of sense tonight, but I'm not sure. I went to a party that turned out to be bigger than I had thought it would be, and I feel kind of like I was standing next to a gong that got hit. For three hours. Good friends, cute kids, great food, but, well, maybe more like this:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Miri is so gorgeous -- and she really needs/wants love. Obviously she and Harold were star crossed lovers and you'll just have to take up the slack. It stinks being second choice, doesn't it? (lol)

9:07 AM, November 29, 2009  
Blogger Kali said...

Three hours? Seriously??? Did you feel like you were inside an echo once you left the party? I am glad you got out for a bit and delighted to see how Miri is opening up.

12:18 PM, November 29, 2009  
Blogger Kate P said...

Ohhhh yeah. My cat has turned into a lap cat as well. The two (slightly cynical) phrases my mom uses about cats are "Any port in a storm," and "Hope springs eternal." The second one applies when they are waiting around the kitchen for dinner. An hour in advance.

That was one sensory-overload kinda party. Makes a person grateful for porches. And, you know, saying goodnight. . .

9:05 PM, November 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home