Thursday, November 05, 2009

Grump Update

I still feel sick. Congested, really tired. My boss asked why I don't go to the doctor, but I'm sure all he would say is rest and drink fluids. I'm doing that. Stupid cold.

My thumb/hand/wrist still hurts. I just tweaked it and had to sit down for a minute. Stupid tendinitis. (I get the steroid shot Monday. Please let that help.) The list of things that are awkward, difficult, or virtually impossible to do with one hand grows daily. Just for fun, try brushing your hair left-handed tonight. Or your teeth. Try to pull on a shirt without moving your thumb or wrist, or letting any weight pull on that arm. Try to pull a glove on your other hand without using that thumb. Try to wash your left arm with your left arm, next time you shower. It's a new game! It's fun!

The Bruins are not doing so well. They keep ... losing. It's not really fun to watch. They're losing tonight, and the only goal so far was scored by a former Bruin. They just can't score (they've been shut out in their last two, and half of this one so far). And David Krejci has swine flu. Really.

On the (faint) bright side, tomorrow is Friday already! Funny how spending so much time in a fog moves the week along. Plus--it's time for ice cream! I bet that will help the coughing. And if not, well, it will make me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. A big YES to the fact that tomorrow is FRIDAY. Enjoy the ice cream!

    P.S. Best wishes in the hunt for a new ob-jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally sympathize with the no right hand thing. I broke my right wrist twice as an adult, both times in the winter and the second time I was in a full arm cast (the one that encases your bent elbow).

    The shot will hurt like the dickens going in but the relief is worth it.

    ReplyDelete