Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Highlights, in pictures and words

Harold is going to help me by keeping a watchful eye on the length of this post--oops, sorry, he's too busy watching a bag blow by. Heaven help you!


On Friday, I picked a bunch of the mint that was growing, mostly wild, in my garden. Here it is forming a bed under the tomatoes:


I made mint ice cream, which turned out good if not to die for. The confusing part was that, although the recipe told me it would be "emerald green", it was more a slightly greenish yellow.


That isn't a problem in itself, but we used to make lemon ice cream when I was a kid, and this stuff was so much more yellow than green that my taste buds kept expecting lemon. But still, with some chocolate chips, it was pretty darn good.

As promised, the heart baby blanket is done, washed, and photographed:


I'm quite pleased with it, and I hope the recipient will be, too.


Which leaves me back with my sock. I tried it on, and it's a wee bit loose. But given how I seem to shrink socks, I think that's all for the better.


Pan and Harold reprise their roles in the regular show, Ignoring each other from as close as possible.

Other cat? What other cat?


I went for a walk today, this morning when it was lovely as opposed to this afternoon when it stormed for so long I forgot what Harold looks like.

I saw pretty flowers:


And what is this? Tiger grass?


This afternoon I did laundry, and changed the sheets, which Pan never tires of helping with.

Let me hold this sheet down for you.


Me? Playing with the sheet? Me?


Oh, well, maybe.


But only because you think it's cute.


Can you tell what's under the sheet?


Hint:


Did you hear that?


I never like to see the end of the weekend, but this was a nice relaxing one, and I'm doing okay with it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a good laugh with the "ghost cat footprint". Lovely photographs and what a neat blanket! I'm impressed and am sure the recipient will be as well.

    I'm back to work today after a week's staycation (le sigh)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is beautiful. I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't be pleased to receive that as a gift!

    ReplyDelete