Friday, August 15, 2008

As if Monday wasn't already going to bite

Since I have to take Pan to the vet on Monday and leave him there* and worry about him all day, I already expected Monday to be rotten.

*I hate leaving him there. Hate it. Even leaving both boys to be fixed ten years ago was hard for me. Now? Horrible.

Then at work today, we were told that there are going to be some layoffs. We'll find out who are the "lucky" ones next week. Some time.

So in between worrying about my cat, I can worry if some unknown outplacement person will be showing up at my desk to tell me I'm one of them.

After I spend the entire weekend trying not to think about either situation.

Yes, this month is not going to go down in the books as one of my favorites.

Now, I must turn off the computer, as round 42 of the latest thunderstorm is coming in. I checked the weather map, and the end of this storm is currently leaving Trenton, NJ (about 300 miles away). I hope I see Harold again before morning, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you can call the vet during the day to check on him, right? I know I've done that and the vet's staff was quite nice about it.

    Insofar as telling you all there will be layoffs *sometime next week*? What jerks! Do they think giving everybody a warning is going to make it easier?? Or are they just really trying to avoid big scenes while encouraging people to clean out the personal belongings to make the exits quicker?

    Either way, I know you're in for a stressful weekend and wish there were a way to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about hating to leave the kitties at the vet. When I took Kaesea to get neutered (12 years ago!) I actually burst into tears in the parking lot. So I sympathize.

    And I agree with Leslie's sentiment above: "What jerks!" Really! Not only with the "sometime next week" bomb, but also telling you just in time for you to fret about it all weekend. Jerks.

    I'm thinking good thoughts for Pan. And now also for you and your job! When it rains it pours, right? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending lots of good thoughts and karma your way today to help you deal with whatever the day might bring.

    Hang in there and no matter what, I am here.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete