Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Perfect Example of Feline Perversity

When Pan feels like he is being ignored, or just not being given the proper amount or degree of attention, he meows. Sometimes he leaves the room and meows: I'm not sure if it's for effect or the acoustics, but he can yowl.

I just learned, however, that if he is shut in a closet (accidentally, need I say) around 11 PM, he doesn't utter a peep until 5:15 AM. By which time, he has peed in the closet, naturally enough. So it's 5:42 on the morning of a day off, and I am up and feeling bad for a cat who has gotten me out of bed this early, ruined something I own, and made a mess for me to clean up. This is warped, you know?

The crazy part is that when I closed the closet door last night, I meant to do a nose check, but I must have fallen asleep before I realized I hadn't seen Pan. (Just reopening the closet isn't enough: it's a big closet, with things they can hide under.) Sigh. This is no way to start a Saturday. I already have errands to run, including taking Harold to the vet for his annual check-up (surprise!), so it wasn't going to be the most fun morning, but this doesn't help. Maybe breakfast will. Yawn.

When they were kittens and Pan got shut in a room, Harold came and got me. Perhaps he doesn't feel that's part of his job description anymore?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Best of luck . . . hopefully you've got a good system for that kind of job.

    I'm so sorry you Saturday started like that!

    ReplyDelete