Monday, July 02, 2007

Busy work, busy play

Wait, I didn't work at all this weekend... all I did was play!

I didn't do laundry, get groceries, clean ... but I sure was busy:

I had a nice catch-up lunch with my best friend, and then she and I went to visit friends and meet their two-week old son (who is so cute that I sorely regret my [self-imposed] rule about not posting photos of friends and their kids without their permission.) He's a sweetie and was so good, I did not want to give him back when we left, but I did. Sigh.

I went to another friend's birthday party, and enjoyed watching the main focal point of the party, the dunk tank. I've never been to a party with a dunk tank before, have you? It was surprisingly entertaining, and I say this as one who neither dunked nor was dunked. I enjoyed watching people enjoy it. Other than that, it was a nice afternoon for a backyard party, and they had a nice backyard for a party, so what else could you ask for?

Then in the evening, best friend and I went to see Shrek the Third, and did enjoy it despite some lackluster reviews. The first one is still my favorite, but I liked three, too. Now I want to see Ratatouille, and Harry Potter 5 when it comes out, and there's probably more that I'm not thinking of. (Yes, I'm getting tired, what else is new?)

So that was Saturday, which about gave the cats whiplash watching me go out-come in-go out. Sunday wasn't quite as much, since I went out once and was gone for quite a while, for The Baby Shower. What fun! Such a nice group of people, such cute baby things, good food, and ooh, may I say good cake? Yum. Anyway, soon-to-be mama of twins was of course happy with the sweaters and hats, enough that I was pleased but not so too much that I was embarrassed: just right.

It was a lovely day, and I followed it up by going back to Wilson's Farms and buying more peas (you have to, the season is so short). I had a really nice weekend, but by the time it was done, I was a little socialed-out. I'm such a hermit at heart sometimes. I just need my anti-social time blocks, that's all.

Woo, and now I need sleep. And tomorrow, I think I'm going to try making pesto: I decided that since the little vermin is coloring my garden with such unhappiness (he's eating the cucumber plants now), I need to make a happy memory, so I need to use some of the basil, make something good. I found a pesto recipe from the internet, since I've never actually made fresh pesto, and tomorrow I'll pick a whole bunch of basil leaves, la la la, and tomorrow night or Wednesday I'll make pesto.

Here's hoping I end up covered in glory ... not pesto.

3 comments:

  1. Does that mean I should scarf up a few leaves of Basil before they are all pesto-ed out?

    It sounds like a delightful weekend. Thanks for the report on Shrek 3. I am looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, glad you had fun. Good luck with the pesto. (Especially not wearing it. [g])

    And I have memed. ;)That was a fun one, thanks for tagging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over to say your comment over at the Harlot's today was brilliant. And as to the type of enabling she's doing? It's the second kind. The one where the cats hide. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete