Friday, February 23, 2007

Winter good, winter not so

We got more snow last night, a fluffy inch or two. I might have appreciated the prettifying effect it had on the trees this morning more were it not for two things:
  1. The ten minutes it took me to clean off my car;
  2. That half the cars on the road didn't bother doing so themselves, so that driving behind them was much like I imagine driving in a snowglobe recently agitated to be (not recommended).
Other than that? Yeah, pretty, whatever. A lot of the mess melted today, the recent mess that is. Last week's cement-like ice and frozen crud is a lot more tenacious, and hazardous. It's supposed to snow again Sunday night.

So listen. All of you with the cute little signs that say "Welcome, winter" and "Let it snow"?

Take them down. They're starting to piss me off. (Starting? Who am I kidding?)

I think I need to switch places with Monica. Before her computer had its recent fit, she was reporting unhappily that spring is coming to her area, which of course I would love to have happen here. Humans are so perverse, aren't we?

Now, I'm off to watch the Bruins game. Last night was a rare Bruins-less Thursday, but tonight, they play. (Of course last night, since I was free from the hockey obligation, I could have cleaned the kitchen, so instead I read a book. I am rather predictable that way. In fact, I predict a bookish post in the future.) Bergeron is still out with his lower body injury, but we'll hold out hope for the rest of them, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. LOL - hey, I'd gladly trade weather right now, if that were possible. But then, I don't go out much, thus don't have to worry about traveling in whatever.

    Not to rub it in, but you should've been here Friday (3/16). They were mowing the grass, and it's only been about 2 months or so since they did it last. Plus it got to around 70 and I opened the balcony door. !!! Even for Oregon, it's a bit too early for temps like that.

    ReplyDelete